Friday, May 7, 2010

get over yourself... it's time to learn!



Another team battle! This time, I get some action. Sensei was still testing out Dudley and I was testing out Adon right before this match. sickthink decided to stay and this is the result.

He soundly beat my Adon but that's a given since it was my second time using Adon online. After he beat Sensei, I couldn't guarantee my opponent's victory once more. Sakura was called upon again. His Sagat did his best to control space. I think he was expecting me to rush or jump in a lot. Despite every fiber of my being telling me to get in there as quickly as possible, I put some restraint. This seemed to work to my advantage. He misread my next move on a few occasions. I don't think I was baiting any time of advances but I guess he was thinking I'd move in when I didn't.

In the first round, I hit him with what many would call a "random" ultra. I knew full well he was going to try to tick or punish the EX shunpu and I guess that's about it! ^_~ During the second round, he did a better job at maintaining the distance where he had a the advantage. I also started to hesitate a bit and that ended in a loss. The final round went down to the wire I guess. He mixed up being aggressive and zoning as best he could but poor choices in trying to figure out my movements lead to seemingly "random" tiger uppercuts. He had the lead but instead of going for the kill, he kept away from me. Taking too long to finish me off leads to bad things happening. Three good normals brought him down to nothing and he assumed I would continue my assault. He threw out a very "random" ultra in hopes he could catch me trying to close the gap but was wrong. That's his bad. EX shunpu for the win. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment